Selling your old, dead car can bring some cash to the household. It may not be as much as the price of the car when it was bought, but you’ll get back some cash than when it is left in the backyard to rot.
If you have special car parts, the more comfortable the amount you can make. For instance, a set of hard-to-find tyres can be equal to something as long as it isn’t that worn out. But even if it is a regular one and still usable, you’ll easily sell this car part.
Other car parts that are easy to sell to scrap yards include the following.
- Battery. It doesn’t matter if it is dead or running. Either way, scrap yards will buy it. This car equipment is actually the exception to the rule that you can’t sell what is broken.
- Radio. If you have a decent sound system for your car, it will be easy to sell. Just make sure it is working, because if it isn’t, even thieves won’t be interested.
- Car seats and covers, steering wheel and gearstick.
The following parts may or not be easy to remove depending on your car type, says martinscrapmetals.com.au. Some Perth scrap yards may buy it, but if not you can sell it online.
- Doors. When stripping down your car, keep its doors intact. Car owners will often have their banged doors replaced than repaired. You’ll do well if it has its factory paint on and generally in good condition.
- Copper wiring. Copper wires connect vehicle components. Carefully remove them so as not to damage the wiring. You’ll be able to sell it rather quickly because it is one of the most in-demand scrap metals.
- Engine. It also sells quickly but its heavy weight makes transporting it a consideration. You can ask a local scrap yard in Perth before going to make sure that you’ll dispose of it and make money from it when you get there.
Note that auto scrap buyers can be vehicle-specific. This may be due to a current demand or the price differences in auto car parts based on its model.
Scrap auto parts continue to sell for three reasons: re-use, recycle, and replace. All these can be assured when you bring your old, unused car to the right hands.